Energy - Kentucky
Steptoe & Johnson's energy team provides comprehensive services to the energy industry across the firm's major practices. These team members provide solutions tailored to the specific needs of energy developers throughout the Appalachian basin. Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
In addition to keen legal minds, Steptoe energy attorneys have a wealth of industry experience. Team members have worked in government, helped to structure and implement regulations governing competitive markets, and worked as in-house counsel for Fortune 500 energy companies.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Dedication to shaping energy law for the future
- Scalable, time-sensitive solutions to meet client needs
- Transferrable shale gas experience
- Robust abstracting resources throughout the region
- 100 years of experience in Appalachian energy law
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® and Chambers USA in Oil & Gas and Energy law
- Strategic locations throughout the Marcellus and Utica shale plays
Undertook coal, oil, and gas title examinations to assist clients in acquiring desired real estate rights
Organized and led corporate restructuring team to prepare and record over 600 deeds and lease terminations between one subsidiary and another, in 10 states, as part of international project to save taxes
Served as lead counsel for a major North American coal company in connection with a divestiture project involving properties in several eastern and western states and in Canada
- To Choose Steptoe & Johnson
- that prove we're in it together. You need a willing partner who understands that something always true
- isn't just about giving advice, but is really about active listening and proactive thinking.