Craig Johnson is an experienced trial attorney who focuses his practice on medical malpractice defense, nursing home/long-term care defense, professional licensure matters, general civil litigation and employment-related matters. Craig maintains an active trial and appellate practice in both state and federal courts.
Craig is admitted to practice in Kentucky and before the United States District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Kentucky, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Craig graduated from the University of Kentucky with a B.S. in Business Management and a minor in Economics in 1991 and received his J.D. from the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville in 1994. After obtaining his law degree, Craig was an associate attorney with Williams & Wagoner for four years practicing in civil rights litigation and workers compensation. Prior to joining Steptoe & Johnson, Craig was a partner and co-founder with Whonsetler & Johnson where he represented healthcare providers throughout Kentucky and Indiana.
- J.D. University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law
- B.S. University of Kentucky
- Kentucky Trial Court Review-2017 Most Prolific Trial Lawyer
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated
- Best Lawyers in Louisville, Louisville Magazine
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation – Health Care (2021-Present), Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants (2011-Present), Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants (2022-Present), Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants (2021-Present)
- Super Lawyers-Medical Malpractice Defense
- Provided lectures and presentations to the American Society of General Surgeons, the University of Louisville Grand Rounds, and the Kentucky Dental Association
- Published Cases:
- Hawkins v. Rosenbloom, Ky. App., 17 S.W.3d 116 (2000)
- Harrison v. Valentini, Ky., 184 S.W.3d 521 (2005)
- Tuttle v. Perry, Ky., 82 S.W.3d 920 (2002
- Hall v. Wilkerson, Ky., 255 S.W.3d 923 (2008)
- Aull v. Houston, Ky. App. 345 S.W.3d 232 (2011)
- Dennis v. Fulkerson, Ky. App. 343 S.W.3d 633 (2011)
- Robertson v. Burdette, Ky., 397 SW3d 886 (2013)
- Grubb v. Norton Hospital, Inc., KY., 401 SW3d 483 (2013)