Ed’s principal area of practice is civil litigation involving business disputes and the defense of personal injury and medical malpractice claims. He is also a certified mediator with experience in a broad range of commercial and personal injury disputes.
A 1981 magna cum laude graduate of the University of Notre Dame School of Law, Ed’s legal career began with service as a law clerk for Hon. John F. Kilkenny of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in Portland, Oregon. Since returning to Texas in 1982, Ed’s legal career has included over 11 years as an Executive Director/Managing Trial Attorney for United Services Automobile Association, where he was primarily responsible for the defense of all third-party indemnity litigation in Houston and its surrounding counties.
He has also represented former heavyweight boxing champion George Foreman in several business transactions and litigated matters.
A veteran of over 250 first-chair commercial and personal injury jury trials, he is admitted to practice before all Texas courts and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Represented an underinsured motorist carrier in one of the first claims filed when a child front seat passenger was killed by a deploying airbag
- Represented a full service Jefferson County hospital when a resident hospice patient with fractured vertebrae was injured by a swarm of fire ants
- Represented the largest nationwide operator of physical therapy clinics in breach of non-compete agreements by former clinic managers
- Represented a former boxing champion in an endorsement and licensing deal involving a popular kitchen appliance
- Represents a national logistics company in multiple transactions and litigation
- Represents a national liability insurance carrier in coverage questions and both first and third party claims in Texas
- Tried over 250 first chair jury trials in Texas over 42 years
- J.D. Notre Dame Law School