Clients and colleagues meeting Brooke Kamicker for the first time are often struck by her conscientiousness and authenticity. Brooke is a well-respected lawyer involved in almost every aspect of energy law in the Marcellus and Utica shale plays. Throughout her career, Brooke has written more than 1200 title opinions, where she cut her teeth as a title and real estate lawyer. Having been in the industry for more than 10 years, Brooke has honed her listening and interpretation skills and, in every client interaction, she prioritizes the client’s needs and develops a path with them, for their ultimate success.
Brooke now manages teams of attorneys and abstractors on title projects and large, complex due diligence projects, allowing her clients to lease, drill, and engage in transactions. As a team leader, Brooke is determined to deliver accurate, high-quality work product on time and within budget for her clients, always encouraging her team members and colleagues to do the same.
Brooke is active within the firm and serves as the co-chair of the Recruiting Committee, where she directs the summer associate program within the Morgantown office. Additionally, she serves on the Diversity and Inclusion Committee and is involved in a Steptoe Strategic Planning Committee subcommittee.
- Managed large attorney and abstracting teams in multiple states to assist major energy clients in meeting an extensive drilling plan in the Appalachian Basin
- Managed operations and provided legal analysis related to oil and gas title and property holdings in West Virginia and Pennsylvania for the land resources department of a Fortune 500 energy company
- Assisted with due diligence review in connection with domestic exploration and production company’s acquisition of 43,000 net acres in Appalachian Basin totaling $379MM
- Coordinated and assisted with due diligence review in connection with domestic exploration and production company’s acquisition of oil and gas assets in the Appalachian Basin totaling over $5 billion
- Performed management and document reviews associated with major title and asset development projects of energy clients
- Performed due diligence for several multi-million dollar transactions of mineral assets, including oil and gas, involving title review, litigation, regulatory risk assessment, and title defect curative work
- J.D. West Virginia University College of Law
- American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL), Michael Late Benedum Chapter, Women of MLBC, Chair
- Frasure-Singleton Legislative Intern, 2009
- Judith A. Herndon Legislative Fellow, 2008
- Monongalia County Bar Association Scholarship Committee, Chair
- 2022 Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD)
- Leadership Monongalia Class of 2019
- CALI Excellence Awards in Bankruptcy: Creditor/Debtor Rights (2011); Business Transactions and Drafting (2011); and Legal Estate Planning (2012)
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence Recipient, 2011