Chuck Hudson focuses his practice on energy, oil and gas, and commercial real estate law, with experience in insurance, business, and construction litigation. Chuck has conducted thorough reviews of real property records across West Virginia and Ohio, including conducting legal research related to surface, mineral, and leasehold ownership, and providing comprehensive ownership and curative guidance to clients in the energy sector. With over a decade of title experience in some of the most difficult counties the Appalachian Basin has to offer, Chuck has developed a deep understanding of the challenges faced by the energy industry and how they are overcome.
In addition to his energy and real estate practice, Chuck also assists clients with estate and trust planning services tailored to their specific family circumstances, helping them secure their assets and plan for the future. He provides legal guidance to small businesses and non-profits on matters of organization, licensing, transactional work, and succession planning. He is focused on delivering results to his clients and building strong relationships.
- Coordinated and lead a team of over 30 title examiners relating to the development of Marcellus and Utica shale plays
- Drafted over 500 certified drilling opinions for clients in the Marcellus and Utica shale plays
- Served as closing attorney and title agent for over 500 commercial and residential real estate acquisitions in West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky
- Served as counsel for buyers in multiple commercial real estate transactions exceeding $2,000,000.00
- West Virginia
- J.D. Faulkner University Thomas Goode Jones School of Law
- Board of Directors for the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation (2019-Present)
- Board of Directors for Downtown PKB/Mainstreet PKB (2017-2020)
- Leadership West Virginia Class of 2015
- Founding Member of Generation Mid-Ohio Valley (Vice President 2014)
- Wood County, West Virginia, Bar Association (President 2011)