Michael O’Donnell learned what he considers the most important life lessons from his father, a highly skilled surgeon and physician who settled in a small community in Iowa. Among them was this: His father considered it his sacred duty and obligation to always be available to his patients for whatever they needed, no matter the time of day or night, and to always do the best that he could possibly do for them. Michael looks upon his duty to his clients in the very same way, and is committed to being available to them and to serve them at all times, regardless of whether they face a crisis, or just need the answer to a question.
He very much enjoys working with clients who own and operate their own businesses, and providing any counsel they might need, be it business or personal, much like a family practitioner. Not surprisingly, Michael also represents many physicians personally, in their practices, and in any ancillary ventures. He helps them navigate state and federal regulations affecting their activities, including Stark and Anti-Kickback regulations, and guides them through development, operation, and divestiture of related business ventures. He also advises them with regard to any medically-related investments offered to them by promoters in various fields of endeavor.
Michael feels that he has not truly met his obligation to a client until he is considered a true and loyal friend, as well as a trusted and respected counselor.
- Represented physician owners of a cardiology practice in the $11MM sale of practice assets to a national hospital group
- Represented a radiology practice in its merger with another similar practice, allowing the larger merged practice to serve eight regional hospitals
- Represented regional airport in securitization of a $10MM non-recourse revolving loan facility secured by airport assets
- Represented promoter in the negotiation of documents and financing for multiple build-to-suit office buildings for the Social Security Administration in Illinois and Texas, utilizing non-recourse credit-tenant lease financing
- Represented gastroenterology practice in the creation and operation a single-specialty ambulatory surgery center
- Represented the seller in the $8.5MM sale of the assets of seven collision repair shops
- Represented physician owners of a multi-specialty practice in the multi-million dollar sale of its practice assets
- Represented nephrologists in the purchase and sale of equity interests in nationally-operated dialysis centers
- Represented medical sub-specialty groups in creation and development of in-house clinical labs and imaging centers
- J.D. St. Mary’s University School of Law
- M.A. University of Iowa
- B.A. Loras College
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Peer Review Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell