Joyce McCune Gentry, MS, has more than twenty-five years of experience in the environmental arena. Joyce received a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering and an M.S. degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering. She works with industrial and commercial clients, providing technical consulting services, including water and air permitting, pollution prevention planning, the development and implementation of waste management programs, as well as advice on client-specific environmental issues. In addition to providing support for industrial and commercial clients, she has provided litigation support, such as environmental data analysis and data management.
Joyce has a wide range of air, water, and waste compliance experience and has held several positions with environmental companies. Her expertise includes Part 75 NOx monitoring requirements for powerhouse boilers, Title V permit applications, Synthetic Minor, NSPS, designing site Risk Management Plans, compiling site air emissions inventories and compiling Certified Emission Statements (WV Regulation 30). Joyce also has experience drafting WV Regulation 13 permit requirements, HON and MON MACT permit requirements and EPCRA 311, 312, and 313 annual reports. She has reviewed draft NPDES permits for both industrial and municipal clients. She has developed and reviewed Spill Prevention, Countermeasure, Control (SPCC), Ground Water Prevention (GWP), and Storm Water Pollution Prevention (SWPP) plans.
Additionally, Joyce has taken an active role in several environmental stakeholder processes. Her efforts influenced West Virginia Department of Air Quality regulations, leading to the development of NOx regulations and the revision of the minor source permitting program.
- M.S. West Virginia University
- B.S. West Virginia Institute of Technology
- SARA 313 Annual Training, USEPA/National Institute for Chemical Studies, 2003-2008
- Title V Training, Air and Waste Management Association, 2001
- PSD Training, Air and Waste Management Association, 2000
- HON MACT Training, Chemical Manufacturers Association, 1998
- RCRA Training, McCoy and Associates, 1998
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of West Virginia, 1996