Mike grew up in the Houston area and has lived and practiced law in The Woodlands for over ten years. His practice areas include Real Estate, Estate Planning, and Business law.
Mike loves solving complex problems and drafting custom documents; this set of skills has led him to grow an assorted range of transactional clients in the greater Houston area, as well as internationally. Bilingual in Spanish, Mike has been able to service foreign nationals and foreign companies from many countries, with the majority being from Latin America.
His services include the formation of business entities, contract review, and drafting documents for commercial and residential real estate transactions. For customized estate planning options, he offers the drafting of wills, trusts, financial and medical powers of attorney, directives, as well as probate services.
Recognized by The Woodlands Rotary Club as a Paul Harris Fellow, Mike serves the Club as an International Service Committee Member and previously served as a board member of the Montgomery County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Mike is married to Alejandra Guerra-Jensen, from Santiago de Chile, and they have two children. They enjoy traveling as a family and serving the community through Interfaith activities, church service projects, and missionary work.
- Draft closing documents for title companies, e.g. special warranty deed, warranty deed with vendor’s lien, the release of lien, etc.
- Provide estate planning advice to couples, individuals, and families, including custom wills and trusts for beneficiaries
- Counsel foreign nationals on international estate planning, with many meetings held exclusively in Spanish
- Advise clients on alternatives to probate, including affidavits of heirship, transfer on death deeds, beneficiary designations, etc.
- Handle all aspects of probate administration for testate and intestate estates
- Draft notes, deeds of trust, easements, leases, and purchase and sale agreements for buyers or sellers, in commercial or residential real estate
- Draft custom business agreements for licensing, consulting, distribution, asset sales, stock purchases, non-disclosure, and confidentiality, etc.
- Represent clients in the formation of entities (including LLC, series LLC, PLLC, LP, and corporations) for new subsidiaries, asset protection planning, or business ventures
- Advise individuals and businesses on commercial and business law with custom-tailored advice to their situation
- J.D. Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law School
- B.S. Brigham Young University
- The Woodlands Rotary Club
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
- Past Board Member, Montgomery County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- BYU Marriott School of Management Alumni (Business School)
- J. Reuben Clark, BYU Law School Alumni Association
- The Woodlands Bar Association