Steve Regan thrives on finding creative solutions to difficult or unique client problems. Steve is known to his clients as a creative, yet practical, attorney who helps them get real estate deals done in an efficient and timely manner. Steve works with real estate owners, developers, solar energy companies, real estate investors, and businesses as they buy and sell, develop, finance and lease real estate across Pennsylvania and throughout the country. Clients look to Steve to structure and execute real estate development joint ventures and private equity real estate investment vehicles, negotiating and closing debt financing and other aspects of a project capital stack, navigating project zoning, subdivision and land development entitlement processes, and negotiating with other landowners. Steve is a licensed title insurance agent in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
At the end of the day, clients realize that Steve is an integral part of the success of the client’s projects, transactions, and business.
- Identified a creative land use solution that paved the way for the demolition of dilapidated buildings and their replacement with a first of its kind outdoor recreation and entertainment use, bocce courts, in Pittsburgh’s Golden Triangle zoning district accomplishing in five months what prior professionals could not solve in five years.
- Drafted a curative amendment to a municipal zoning ordinance in Venango County, Pennsylvania providing for a utility scale solar use and applicable regulations and subsequently argued and obtained conditional use approval for a 140-acre utility scale solar project.
- Successfully argued for and was granted variances for a utility scale solar project in Fayette County, Pennsylvania.
- Represented a real estate developer in zoning, planning, and land development in connection with an urban redevelopment mixed use project in suburban Pittsburgh that included loft apartments and street level retail.
- Negotiated and closed a $8,100,000 refinance and construction loan for a self-storage facility in Turtle Creek, PA.
- Negotiated and closed a loan transaction for a lender that included a $11,898,000 construction loan for renovations to a significant retail property and a $1,200,000 construction loan for a Starbucks in suburban Pittsburgh and issued title insurance to the lender insuring the mortgage securing the loans.
- Represented a regional lender in connection with a $5,250,000 construction loan for the renovation of a historic building in downtown Pittsburgh in a transaction that involved new markets tax credits and historic tax credits.
- Served as lenders counsel for a national bank in connection with a $35,000,000 hotel acquisition and product improvement loan located in Orlando, FL.
- Represented client in connection with purchase, financing, and leasing of office building in City of Pittsburgh for over ten years.
- Have Represented a land trust for 22 years, assisting the client with the preservation of over 1,500 acres of land in Western Pennsylvania through purchases and conservation easements.
- Represented borrower client in connection with a $12,500,000 asset based loan transaction which included preparing and negotiating an intercreditor agreement with holders of senior secured noteholders.
- Represented a real estate investor in the acquisition and financing of credit tenant properties in Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Florida, and Arizona.
- West Virginia
- J.D. Duquesne University Kline School of Law
- M.P.A University of Pittsburgh
- B.A. Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Board Member, Financial Industry Network
- Education Committee, Pennsylvania Land Title Association
- Chair, Bethel Park Zoning Hearing Board
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law (2024-Present)