Rarely does a development project happen in North Central West Virginia that Tammie is not involved with in some way. Tammie assists clients with banking, real estate, commercial transactions, title insurance, and construction law matters. The perfect combination of a strategic thinker and a doer, Tammie is well-versed in navigating the intricate nature of working on large-scale projects involving multiple property owners, governmental agencies, and financial investors.
Tammie’s experience as vice president and general counsel of a nationally recognized bank, and president of one of its subsidiaries, brings a unique banking industry perspective to her practice. Tammie is the department head for the Business Department, practice group leader for the Banking, Real Estate, and Financial Services Practice Group, and serves on the firm’s Strategic Planning Committee.
Tammie is active in First Law International (FLI) and acts as the U.S. representative in matters for clients around the globe.
- Counseled client with the construction and development of a multi-phase apartment complex, including drafting various documents for the reciprocal use of roads and amenities, and the preparation, review, and negotiation of financing documents for multi-million dollar construction loan
- Assisted client in the successful development of a mixed-use subdivision including commercial, residential, and church properties. Representation included establishing criteria for development standards, and drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various documents including a complex master association agreement.
- Experienced in all aspects of complex real estate matters, including issuance of commercial and residential title insurance policies, having issued hundreds of millions of dollars in policy coverage insuring owners and lenders
- Regularly represents developers of residential and commercial real estate projects often from concept to completion, including those engaged in multi-state construction projects
- Represented hospitality and related clients in business startup, structuring, and financing efforts, including private placements
- Regularly represents local and regional banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions on a variety of matters from commercial and consumer lending to compliance and regulatory matters
- J.D. West Virginia University College of Law
- B.A. Wheeling Jesuit University
- Chair, Associate Division, Contractor’s Association of West Virginia
- West Virginia Bankers Association
- Community Bankers Association of West Virginia
- Vice Chair, Contractor’s Association of West Virginia Associate Division
- Chair, United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties Campaign
- Women United Steering Committee, United Way of Monongalia, and Preston Counties
- Past President, Board of Directors, Mon County Habitat for Humanity
- Past President, Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity of West Virginia
- Past Member, Board of Directors, United Way of Mon and Preston Counties
- Past Chair, WVU Children’s Hospital Annual Gala Planning Committee
- Monongalia County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar, IOLTA Committee Member
- West Virginia State Bar, Chair Real Estate Division
- West Virginia Executive Sharp Shooter Award 2017
- West Virginia Living Magazine Wonder Woman Award 2016
- The State Journal, Generation Next 40 Under 40 (2008)
- West Virginia Habitat for Humanity Outstanding Board Member 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law (2024-Present), Real Estate Law (2024-Present)
- Ms. Alexander has given numerous presentations on the topics of Identity Theft, Mortgage Fraud, and Tips for Avoiding Computer-Based Banking Scams. She also conducts training for commercial and residential mortgage lenders and often speaks at various contractor association events, providing useful tips and tools to construction trade professionals.