In this webcast Art Standish and Brian Hopkins host a discussion focusing on the issues of oil and gas rights in a bankruptcy proceeding including the risks and the opportunities in restructuring and acquiring challenged assets in today’s ever-changing market.
Art and Brian discuss:
- What is the effect of a bankruptcy filing
- Three bankruptcy code provisions that commonly arise when lessor or lessee of an oil and gas lease files bankruptcy
- Whether a contract is an unexpired lease, executor contract, or real property transfer
- Consequences of assuming or rejecting oil and gas leases/contracts
- Risks and challenges in restricting an oil and gas company
- Opportunities of an oil and gas bankruptcy