Under the Trump Administration, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) has an almost entirely new look, with four new Commissioners and a new Chairman confirmed in the past year. Major issues affecting the midstream industry are on the FERC radar already, including dockets opened this year concerning existing certificate policies for interstate pipelines, the impact of recent changes to the federal tax code on rates collected by interstate pipelines, and grid resilience. The jurisdictional interplay between federal and state actors, as well as among federal agencies themselves, over permitting and pipeline construction also continues to play out around the country.
We will explore the current state of these and other issues:
- FERC regulation of gathering pipelines
- PSC regulation of gathering pipelines and intrastate pipelines
- A look at the new faces at FERC
- New FERC dockets on pipeline certificate policy, pipeline rates, and grid resilience
- Pipeline permitting developments at state and federal levels – who has jurisdiction and how it all fits together
Click on the icon below to download the presentation.