Energy attorneys, industry insiders headline Ohio-focused event
COLUMBUS, OHIO - Steptoe & Johnson PLLC is pleased to announce the topics for its upcoming seminar, Acquisition & Disposition of Shale Assets in Appalachia. Speakers for the two-day seminar include members of the firm's energy team plus executives from the Ohio Chamber of Commerce and Ohio Oil and Gas Association. The event will be held August 24 and 25 at the Capital Club in Columbus.
The Acquisition & Disposition of Shale Assets in Appalachia seminar is for energy producers and developers looking to tap into Utica Shale resources in Ohio. They will learn how to navigate the complex legal landscape of making natural gas deals in Appalachia.
Some of the seminar topics include:
- Practical Considerations When Doing Deals in Appalachia
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Ohio Oil & Gas - Opportunities & Issues
- Statutory Pooling
- Appalachian Due Diligence
- Air & Water Regulatory Issues in Shale Gas Development
- Title Issues
- Appalachian Leases
- Nine Things You Should Know About Securing Appalachian Oil & Gas Collateral
- Talent Management in Shale Gas Development - Avoiding Employment Pitfalls
- Litigation & Dispute Avoidance
Plus, energy law scholar, professor and adviser to Steptoe & Johnson, Bruce Kramer will discuss Joint Development & Joint Operating Agreement Issues on August 24.
The Acquisition & Disposition of Shale Assets in Appalachia is free and open to energy industry professionals nationwide. For more information, or to request an invitation to attend, visit http://www.steptoe-johnson.com.
About Steptoe & Johnson
Steptoe & Johnson PLLC is a regional, business-focused firm with particular strengths in energy, labor, employment, and litigation. It comprises over 200 lawyers resident in ten locations throughout West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky and Pennsylvania.
Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
Chief Marketing Officer