Brian Hurt is an attorney that has built his practice on his desire to help people. He enjoys building relationships and counseling his clients through difficult litigation matters. He focuses his practice in Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) and has over 20 years of OSHA experience working for the Department of Labor and in private practice. Brian has litigated hundreds of OSHA cases, representing both the government and private employers. His experience also includes litigating FLSA, MSHA and Title VII cases. Brian served as Counsel for whistleblower litigation while at the Department of Labor and litigated dozens of whistleblower and retaliation cases under OSHA, MSHA, SOX and other federal statutory anti-retaliation provisions. He has an extensive background in representing both private employers and government agencies and has represented Fortune 500 companies in traditional employment counseling and labor and employment litigation.
Brian analyzes issues from all perspectives which allows him to create solutions where everyone walks away from the table knowing they have the best resolution. His naturally calm demeanor and extensive experience are a comfort to clients.
- Represented the government in settlement of two of the top three largest OSHA cases in agency history, with total penalties paid exceeding 65 million dollars
- Tried and won willful citations in a refinery explosion OSHA case
- Successfully tried FLSA case involving pre and post-shift work not recorded by the employer
- Defended employer in ADEA jury trial resulting in a verdict for the employer
- Represented the government as lead attorney supervising litigation involving more than 15 separate cases nationwide against retail stores with multiple OSHA violations resulting in a comprehensive settlement
- J.D. Notre Dame Law School
- B.S. University of Arkansas