Dallas Kratzer is a seasoned litigation attorney whose hands-on experience working in the United States courts provides him with an inside perspective on the processes and systems within our legal system that benefits his appellate practice and clients. He provides litigation support across a diverse range of industries, advocating for his clients in and out of the courtroom.
His experience in federal trial and appellate courts, including the Fourth Circuit, Sixth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States, allows him to understand the litigation strategies and approaches that most often have favorable outcomes in the different cases he handles. His appellate work often complements his professional peers who may not receive a successful trial court verdict on behalf of their clients. Dallas is skilled at evaluating the court’s decision to determine the best path forward post-trial.
Dallas’s intellectual curiosity and genuine passion for simplifying complex concepts or problems make him an asset to his clients. He is motivated by providing efficient solutions that enable his clients to grow their businesses and succeed. While he understands and prefers that his clients avoid litigation, he knows that sometimes it’s unavoidable. Dallas’s collaborative approach and calming manner enable him to find solutions in stressful situations.
His dedication to his community is reflected through his leadership roles at the Wilmington Lacrosse Academy and Main Street Wilmington. As the executive director of the Wilmington Lacrosse Academy, his goal is to offer free lacrosse clinics to youth to increase diversity in the sport and reduce economic barriers to participation. His civic engagement extends to his role on the board of directors of Main Street Wilmington, which works to promote existing businesses and open doors to new opportunities. Dallas actively contributes to promoting businesses, enhancing the downtown area, and providing opportunities for youth involvement. He is deeply rewarded and fulfilled when he sees the success of both his clients and the community organizations he’s involved in.
- Law Clerk to Judge Stephanie D. Thacker (U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit)
- Law Clerk to Judge Robert B. King (U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit)
- Law Clerk to Judge Joseph R. Goodwin (U.S. District Court of the Southern District of West Virginia)
- Staff Attorney for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Worked on more than 300 appellate matters, including cases in the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Sixth Circuits, the Supreme Court of Ohio, and the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia.
- Co-authored amicus brief supporting renewable energy project in successful defense of favorable permitting decision.
- Obtained summary judgment for oil and gas producers in mineral rights and royalty disputes.
- Represents publicly traded international online retailer in state and federal proceedings.
- Advises clients on procedural issues unique to federal district and appellate courts.
- J.D. West Virginia University College of Law
- B.A. Wheeling Jesuit University
- Co-Founder & Executive Director, Wilmington Lacrosse Academy
- Vice President, Main Street Wilmington Board of Directors
- Amicus Committee, Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- General Counsel Committee, Ohio Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Criminal Justice Act Panel for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Member, Judge John A. Field Jr. American Inn of Court