Endia Vereen’s guiding principle in life is to help others make smart choices. Her clients are put at ease by her calm and collected demeanor and assured by her ability to get deals done. Endia enjoys the fast-paced, organized chaos of business transactions. She is a skilled business lawyer focused on mergers and acquisitions, who helps clients understand the legal issues associated with their business operations.
Endia believes businesses of all sizes and types deserve a zealous advocate. She represents businesses in the healthcare, technology, manufacturing, and financial technology industries. In her professional and personal life, she’s driven to keep the train on the tracks.
She is an active volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh, who strives to add value to the lives of others.
- Assisted in the complex refinancing of a large mixed-use development in downtown Pittsburgh. The project included restructuring of ownership, refinancing of debt, and compliance with a wide variety of tax credits and tax incentives
- Represented privately-held companies with general corporate matters including entity selection, formation and organizational planning, corporate governance, conversion and domestication, stock redemption, and intellectual property registration and maintenance
- Provided counsel and preparation of audit, compensation, nomination, and governance committees for both private and publicly-traded companies
- Represented privately-held companies in connection with intellectual property matters, including submission of trademark applications with the USPTO
- Counseled financial technology companies and marketplace lenders on multi-state regulatory compliance and federal consumer credit law, including the Truth-in-Lending Act (Reg. Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg. B), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Reg. E)
- Represented majority shareholder in connection with the restructuring, recapitalization, and rebranding of a skincare company
- Researched and drafted insider trading policy
- Represented industry-leading healthcare consulting firm specializing in INFOR solutions in their acquisition by a national healthcare consulting firm
- Represented glass manufacturer in a strategic partnership with a French glass container design, manufacturing, and distribution conglomerate
- J.D. University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- M.A. University of Pittsburgh
- B.A. University of Pittsburgh
- Member, Corporate, Banking & Business Law Section, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Nominating Committee and Audit Committee, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Vice President, Young Professional Outreach Board, Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Member, Board of Governors, University of Pittsburgh Law Alumni Association
- Member, School, College & Regional Campus Committee, Pitt Alumni Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law (2022-Present)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions (2021)
- “The Intersection of Transactions and Labor & Employment Law,” Association of Corporate Counsel webinar, January 2023
- “Concepts of Drafting Legal Documents,” University of Pittsburgh School of Law, December 2020