With over four decades of experience, James (Jim) Birch is a highly skilled attorney focusing on labor and employment law and business litigation. Throughout his career, he has successfully assisted business clients from a wide range of industries, including outsourcing, information technology, insurance, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, retail and wholesale, transportation, media, professional services, banking, and construction. Within his years of experience, Jim has served as in a General Counsel role at multiple large law firms.
Jim strives to be a trusted legal advisor to his clients. Jim offers invaluable counsel to his clients, ensuring their compliance with labor, employment, and employee benefit laws. He is well-versed in providing comprehensive guidance on complex legal matters and helping businesses navigate the intricacies of the regulatory landscape.
In addition to his counseling services, Jim is a tenacious advocate for employers. Whether in courtrooms, administrative hearings, or arbitration proceedings, he represents his clients with unwavering dedication. He has extensive experience handling individual, class, and collective actions, delivering favorable outcomes for his clients.
With his vast knowledge and experience, Jim is a valuable asset to businesses seeking comprehensive legal representation in labor and employment law matters. His commitment to achieving the best possible results for his clients sets him apart as a highly respected attorney.
- Defense of employers in wage and hour cases alleging misclassification of employees and independent contractors
- The investigation and defense of harassment and intentional tort claims
- Defense of discrimination
- Defense of Family Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act claims
- Representation of employers in whistleblower, corporate compliance, and internal investigation matters
- Representation of employers in OFCCP audits and government contract compliance
- Defense and prosecution of trade secret and confidential information litigation, including covenants not to compete
- Representation of companies and individual professionals and executives in employment and separation agreements
- Representation of companies in the employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- J.D. University of Arkansas School of Law
- B.A. University of Arkansas
- Best Lawyers ® Lawyer of the Year — Labor Law – Union (2015)
- Best Lawyers ® The Best Lawyers in America – Commercial Litigation (2013-Present), Banking and Finance (2014), Bankruptcy (2014), Mergers and Acquisitions (2014), Employment Law – Management (2014-Present), Labor Law –Union (2014-Present), Litigation – Labor and Employment (2014-Present)