Robert Aguiluz’s practice is focused in the areas of occupational safety and health, employment litigation, and administrative law. He believes in prioritizing his clients’ needs and goals, and takes pride in finding efficient solutions tailored to client’s compliance needs. Robert believes strongly in studying the situation from all angles, allowing him to find practical solutions to his clients’ problems.
Robert has an extensive background in representing employers in various areas of law, with a primary focus on occupational safety and health Law (including development and review of safety and health programs, compliance audits, and safety and health due diligence), FMCSA, environmental law, regulatory compliance, civil service law, and traditional labor & employment (civil and administrative proceedings). Robert previously served as an administrative law Judge for the State of Louisiana, presiding over hearings in such diverse areas as the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act (FMCSA); insurance code enforcement and appeals; Medicaid recipient/applicant appeals; federal claims under the Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act (IDEA) due process provisions; Department of Environmental quality permit review, compliance orders, and penalty assessments; oilfield site restoration; oyster lease acquisition and compensation, and other areas. He also served as the presiding Judge on the Ethics Adjudicatory Board for the State of Louisiana, adjudicating charges brought under the Louisiana Code of Governmental Ethics and violations of the Campaign Finance Disclosure Act.
- J.D. Tulane University School of Law
- B.A. Louisiana State University
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Society of Safety Engineers-Professional Member
- Adjunct Faculty- U.S. Department of Labor OSHA Training Institute
- Adjunct Faculty- Louisiana State University Fire and Emergency Training Institute
- Adjunct Faculty- Baton Rouge Safety Council
- Chairman – Editorial Task Force, American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z359 Committee on Fall Protection
- American National Standards Institute Z117 Committee on Confined Spaces
- Vice-Chair, U.S. Technical Advisory Group for Fall Protection to the International Standards Organization (ISO)
- Principal Member, NFPA Technical Committee on Rescue Technician Professional Qualifications (NFPA 1006)
- Principal Member, NFPA Technical Committee on Technical Rescue (NFPA 1670)
- Board of Directors, Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians