Sarah Trainer focuses her practice in the area of oil, gas, mineral, and property law with an emphasis on mineral and leasehold title examination, transactions, acquisitions, and due diligence. Ms. Trainer has extensive experience drafting original drilling title opinions, division order title opinions, lease acquisition title opinions, and supplemental title opinions. She has been involved in the due diligence of large-scale acquisitions.
Sarah Trainer also works heavily in all aspects of general civil litigation, including real estate law, personal injury, and energy litigation.
She is a former clerk for Judge Joseph “Tad” Halbach, former Harris County State District Court Judge.
- Draft original drilling title opinions, division order title opinions, lease acquisition title opinions, and supplemental title opinions covering hundreds of tracts of land allowing clients to identify issues affecting the ability to drill and produce from said tracts prior to drilling and provide assistance in curing those defects, allowing drilling to take place
- Analyzed title runsheets, deeds, contracts, deeds of trust, probate, divorce and guardianship proceedings to determine mineral interest ownership and to verify that all current mineral owners have been properly leased
- Analyze leases and assignments to determine leasehold ownership
- Identify problems in the chain of fee and leasehold title and explain steps to solve problems
- Advise clients regarding complicated fee title, leasehold title and drilling issues
- Actively defended one of the largest Fortune 100 companies in the United States
- J.D. South Texas College of Law Houston
- B.A. Southern Methodist University
- North Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- West Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- Women’s Energy Network
- Houston Bar Association
- Volunteer Judge, South Texas College of Law Mock Trial Summer Academy
- Mariners’ Club Chili Cook-Off, 2005 Award-Winning Chili
- Ethics for the Land Professional, co-presented with Melissa A. Munson – 53rd Annual HAPL Technical Workshop
- Daily Ethical Issues Faced by Title Examiners 2012 and 2015
- Assistant Editor, Texas Law Survey Selected Topics 2006, presented to AIG Claims Handlers by Brown Sims, P.C.