Scott Henderson directs and manages all aspects of the firm’s abstracting and land services team. Under Scott’s leadership, a team of more than 225 abstractors and professional staff provided abstracts for the firm’s 200 mineral title attorneys.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Henderson built a foundation for his legal energy and transactional work as an engineer in the areas of data acquisition and controls, mechanical design, fabrication, and installation of industrial equipment. He also worked as a consultant supporting economic development initiatives. With his vast experience in technology and the energy industry, he brings intuitive, real-world experience, and perspective to his practice.
- Provided legal services for multiple oil and gas operators in West Virginia and Pennsylvania including performing mineral title examinations, rendering title opinions, and curing title defects
- Prepared lending documents, related commercial real estate title examinations, and due diligence on behalf of lending institutions and commercial real estate developers
- Defended a local businessman against a breach of contract claim and mechanics lien filed by a construction contractor and prosecuted multiple counterclaims involving faulty workmanship and property damage resulting from the same
- Represented a nonprofit organization in litigation against the county government for wrongful termination of a real estate lease and a dispute over property ownership
- West Virginia
- J.D. West Virginia University College of Law
- B.S.M.E. West Virginia University
- American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)
- Trustee Board, Olive Branch Baptist Church
- President, Belle Vernon Area Leopard Boosters
- Westmoreland County Bar Association
- Senior Managing Editor, West Virginia Law Review, Volume 103
- Recipient of Volume 102 Best Student Work Award
- United States v. Emerson: The Second Amendment as an Individual Right – Time to Settle the Issue?, 102 W. Va. L.Rev. 177 (1999)