Bill Ferebee is a life-long learner who has used his diverse litigation practice to learn fascinating facts about a wide variety of subjects. His lengthy experience in civil litigation has given Bill the opportunity to learn about commercial and residential construction, intellectual property, asbestos exposure, medical conditions, and a host of other subjects. Bill uses his arsenal of knowledge to develop strategies for defending his clients when they face stressful situations that may result in litigation. Bill’s calm demeanor and friendly nature are the foundation for his clients and colleagues to call him their friend. In fact, many of his clients (and often opposing counsel) consider him a long-term friend, in addition to being a skilled and trusted lawyer.
Bill’s practice outside of litigation centers around his role as the City Attorney for the City of Shenandoah, Texas. As the City Attorney, Bill provides guidance on matters of human resources, city ordinances, planning, zoning, and permitting.
No matter the situation, Bill believes that playing by the rules is paramount and he is a zealous advocate for anyone who does.
- Successfully defended residential home builders in an insurance coverage dispute involving the installation of defective stucco on over 200 homes
- Worked on behalf of the municipality to modify zoning requirements to allow for the construction of a $130 million multi-use development
- Successfully represented the inventor of digital projection technology in a jury trial against an employee who attempted to replicate technology for personal gain, which resulted in a $1.3 million award
- Negotiated multi-million dollar settlement in manufacturing defect of pipe used in off-shore drilling between drilling company and manufacturer
- Successfully defended inventor of oil field technology in the alleged theft of trade secrets in a lengthy bench trial with an initial demand of $24 million in damages
- J.D. University of Houston Law Center
- B.B.A. Texas Christian University
- Peer Review Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization – Civil Trial Law
- American Board of Trial Advocates