Steptoe & Johnson is committed to a team approach to meeting the needs of clients while providing the highest quality legal services at the best value. The team understands that workers’ compensation represents a significant cost of doing business. Our lawyers strive to create a partnership with clients to manage all aspects of workers’ compensation effectively.
Group members treat the workers’ compensation practice as a distinct area, requiring the full-time commitment of experienced attorneys and paralegals.
Download Service Brochure (PDF)
- Defended a company in a workers’ compensation claim alleging manganese toxicity causing parkinsonism
- Represented clients in more than 150 appeals before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- Defended numerous employers from claimants’ permanent total disability applications
- Defended a general contractor in a workers’ compensation coverage dispute with subcontractor
- Represented clients in more than 1,500 protests before the Workers’ Compensation Office of Judges
- Represented clients in more than 500 appeals before the Workers’ Compensation Board of Review
- Defended a multinational manufacturer in a workers’ compensation claim and related deliberate intent action alleging solvent exposure
- Defended against multiple claims arising from allegations of chemical exposure at a mining laboratory
- Defended numerous industries and businesses in claims of occupational pneumoconiosis
- Defended numerous county boards of education from complicated protests regarding denial of benefits, treatment issues, and claims for indemnity benefits
- Dedicated workers’ compensation lawyers and paralegals
- Coordination with private disability and health plans
- Coordination of litigation with deliberate intent and workers’ compensation discrimination claims