Steptoe & Johnson’s Labor and Employment Practice Group attorneys represent a broad spectrum of employers in all aspects of labor, employment, employee benefits, and occupational injury law. Our labor and employment attorneys help clients address management issues and adversarial matters, such as energy, manufacturing, education, health care, construction, and natural resources.
Steptoe & Johnson’s Labor and Employment Team is recognized as one of the largest labor and employment law practices in the nation within a multiservice firm. Our team members understand the impact labor and employment issues have on a business. With our attorneys’ comprehensive experience in every facet of employment law, we are able to provide innovative solutions to deliver exceptional results that help our clients maintain their reputations and remain the business leaders they are.
- Alpha Natural Resources
- American Electric Power
- Antero Resources Corporation
- Armstrong Wood Products, Inc.
- CONSOL Energy Inc.
- CNX Gas Corporation
- Dominion Transmission
- PPG Industries
- United Hospital Centter
- Assisted clients in the preparation of employment agreements and separation agreements in connection with the hiring and termination of employees
- Counseled clients on the development of legally sustainable post-offer of employment and return to work medical fitness for duty guidelines, including use of prescribed medications among commercial vehicle operators and sudden incapacitation of employees in safety-sensitive positions
- Represented employers in union representation elections; unfair labor practice changes, collective bargaining negotiations; employee grievance arbitrations; age, sex, and race discrimination claims before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission; and alleged violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act; provided counseling in employment-related matters, including the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, reductions in force, hiring and terminations, and handbooks and policies; represented employers in unemployment and harassment litigation; and conducted workforce and supervisor training in employment-related matters
- Counseled public and private employers concerning a variety of state and federal employment laws, including the ADA, FMLA, FLSA, OWBPA, NLRA, Title VII, and the WVHRA