Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues are at the forefront for businesses across the country as investors, stakeholders, customers, employees, community citizens, and leaders look to organizations to address ESG and other corporate responsibility issues. Steptoe & Johnson’s interdisciplinary ESG Team assists clients understand the evolving ESG landscape, evaluate legal and business risks related to ESG, develop strategies to implement ESG practices that align with the company’s goals, and navigate the regulatory, policy, and reputational issues related to such practices.
With decades of experience across the spectrum of energy law, environmental law, regulatory compliance, labor and employment, corporate governance, finance, SEC reporting, executive compensation, and government relations, our team is well positioned to help companies manage this complex area now and in the future.
Download Service Brochure (PDF)
- ESG strategy development and implementation
- Environmental counseling, including advising on federal and state environmental policy, environmental justice, compliance, volunteer and industry-led environmental impact initiatives, sustainability, carbon off-setting, pollution, and climate change
- Economic development considerations and federal and state partnership grants, including tax credits, infrastructure, broadband access, and transportation
- Power generation projects, reclamation and repurposing of retired facilities, preparation of power purchase agreements, and development of renewable and next generation power projects related to solar, wind, biomass, hydroelectric, and cogeneration
- Corporate governance, including board advisement, board diversity, and reporting of ESG efforts and issues
- Labor and employment, including ESG-related compensation, training, and workforce development, to include diversity
- Transactional due diligence
- Data privacy and cybersecurity and data security program compliance
- Dispute resolution and litigation related to sustainability and corporate responsibility