Steptoe & Johnson is committed to a team approach to meeting the needs of clients, while providing the highest quality legal services at the best value. The team understands that workers' compensation represents a significant cost of doing business in the region. Team lawyers strive to create a partnership with clients to manage all aspects of workers' compensation effectively.
Group members treat the workers' compensation practice as a distinct and specialized area, requiring the full-time commitment of experienced attorneys and paralegals.
What Sets Us Apart
Steptoe & Johnson PLLC defends workers’ compensation claims with lawyers and professional staff devoted to this particular area of the law.
Our team members have decades of experience in workers’ compensation and are recognized as leaders in their field.
- Dedicated workers’ compensation lawyers and paralegals
- Coordination with private disability and health plans
- Coordination of litigation with deliberate intent and workers’ compensation discrimination claims
HOW WE HAVE HELPED
- Defended a company in workers’ compensation claim alleging manganese toxicity causing Parkinsonism
- Represented clients in more than 150 appeals before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- Defended numerous employers from claimants’ permanent total disability applications
- Defended general contractor in workers’ compensation coverage dispute with sub-contractor
- Represented clients in more than 1500 protests before the Workers’ Compensation Office of Judges
- Represented clients in more than 500 appeals before the Workers’ Compensation Board of Review
- Defended multi-national manufacturer in workers’ compensation claim and related deliberate intent action alleging solvent exposure
- Defended against multiple claims arising from allegations of chemical exposure at mining laboratory
- Defended numerous industries and businesses in claims of occupational pneumoconiosis
- Defended numerous county boards of education from complicated protests regarding denial of benefits, treatment issues, and claims for indemnity benefits