From Fortune 500 companies to entrepreneurships, Steptoe & Johnson provides clients with unparalleled experience in products liability and mass tort defense.
Before a matter makes it to court, our team of skilled trial lawyers prepares an aggressive defense plan which includes strategy development, trial preparation, expert testimony, and jury research.
Steptoe & Johnson is one of the few defense firms in the region with a specialty group dedicated to products liability. This focus provides our clients with a team of advocates who understand the changing laws, the evolving science, and the courts. Our goal is to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients, as cost-effectively as possible.
Download Service Brochure (PDF)
- Advocates with industry-specific defense strategies
- Skilled national, regional, and local counsel
- Knowledgeable practitioners familiar with regional courts, practices, and opposing counsel
- Efficient project managers with the ability to develop cost-effective litigation budgeting, including alternative fee arrangements
- Dedicated paraprofessionals who are essential to streamlining document-intense litigation
- Defended all types of defendants in asbestos litigation including claims against employers, premises owners, product manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, contractors, and others
- Performed large-scale document review for a multi-national corporation faced with products liability litigation
- Represented defendants in benzene claims
- Represented a world-wide manufacturer of heavy equipment in mass litigation involving claims of negligent design, failure to warn, and/or inadequate warnings
- Served as assistant national coordinating defense counsel in toxic tort litigation for a world-wide product manufacturer
- Defended manufacturers of elevators, HVAC equipment and systems, household appliances, coal processing equipment, pipe and pipe couplings, and electrical connectors against many types of product liability claims
- Defended domestic and international automotive and auto component manufacturers in connection with product and design defect claims, including airbags, door handles, roof strength, and general crashworthiness
- Defended porcelain sanitaryware manufacturer in product liability class action involving manufacturing defect alleged to have caused cracking in toilet tanks, with resulting class settlements constituting 0.0056% of damage models presented by class counsel