Steptoe & Johnson’s environmental attorneys represent clients before federal, state, and local courts and administrative boards in civil, criminal, and administrative matters.
Our environmental lawyers possess extensive experience as seasoned litigators who can handle commercial and environmental litigation in high-profile cases.
Environmental practice group attorneys possess the knowledge and experience to understand the highly technical nature of environmental issues.
What Sets Us Apart
- Technical and scientific degrees held by team members in geology, engineering, environmental science, and mining provide clients with solid legal representation built on a technical foundation
- Leadership roles in environmental/energy trade organizations and regional/national multi-stakeholder technical advisory groups provide clients with a voice on critical issues
- Team members are actively involved in shaping environmental and energy policy and in promulgating regulations
- Active working relationships with state and federal government officials in all licensed states
- Represent regulated industries including energy, power generation, chemical, manufacturing, mining, municipalities, research and development, transportation, waste disposal, commercial development, and banking and finance
- More than 30% of the team has in-house counsel or regulatory agency experience
- Attorneys licensed in IN, KY, OH, PA, VA, and WV
- 50% of team members recognized as The Best Lawyers in America®
- Fellows of the American College of Environmental Lawyers
- Three registered lobbyists represent clients regarding environmental issues in multiple states
- Provide the right experience mix of lawyers, government affairs and technical professionals to enhance efficiency