Malerie T. Anderson is known for her impressive track record in litigation. With extensive experience as a trial attorney, Malerie has successfully presented cases to verdict in federal court, skillfully represented companies in arbitration proceedings, and developed effective defense strategies at every stage of litigation. She is deeply committed to advocating for her clients and achieving optimal outcomes for them.
Malerie’s experience extends beyond individual cases. She has served as National Coordinating Counsel for national clients, ensuring consistent positions and strategies in litigation. With her strong trial advocacy skills, she has demonstrated her ability to handle complex legal matters. In her general liability practice, Malerie has handled cases involving allegations of negligent hiring, training, entrustment, supervision, as well as cases involving severe injuries, burns, and fatalities caused by gross negligence.
Furthermore, Malerie is well-versed in providing proactive guidance to licensed professionals, helping them avoid litigation altogether. She also defends against claims such as breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract. Her professional liability practice spans a range of professions, including accountants, appraisers, real estate agents and brokers, title companies, real estate managers, and insurance agents and brokers. Through her experience in resolving various disputes, Malerie works closely with clients to develop and implement procedures that mitigate the risk of future litigation.
- J.D. St. Mary’s University School of Law
- B.A. Texas Tech University
- Construction Law Section of the Texas Bar
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Womens Bar Association
- Leadership SBOT (State Bar of Texas) Class, 2022-2023
- D Magazine “Best Lawyers Under 40,” 2022-2023
- Leadership Class Dallas Young Lawyers, 2016
- “The Fine Print: Legal Issues in Real Estate Law,” Magnolia Realty Annual Meeting, January 2022
- Presenter and co-author, “Appropriate Use of Social Media,” Dallas ISD Employee Relations Retreat, September 2016
- Presenter and co-author, “Employee Free Speech Rights in an Election Year,” Education Service Center Region 11 HR Summit, September 2016
- Presenter and co-author, “Attorney Fees and the Ethics Involved,” Damages in Civil Litigation: State Bar of Texas, February 2016
- Co-Author, “Architect & Engineer Liability: Claims Against DesignProfessionals,” Immunity Defenses, Chapter 16 (Michael T. Callahan,5d. 2020)
- “The Art of Engagement Letters,” For the Defense, DRI Magazine, April 2018
- “Drafting Engagement Letters,” The Advocate, Volume 81, Winter2017, State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section Report